Sunday 20 February 2011

Flatplan of Front Cover, Contents and Double Page Spread

This is an evaluation of my flat plan in comparison to the research I carried out previously in this project.
My magazine is for anyone of ages 16-21 of all genders. It will be a hip hop magazine even though most people that answered my magazine said they like to read celebrity gossip magazines however most people said that they would choose to read a hip hop magazine to read out of the other genres.
Doing the questionnaire earlier, I found out that most people buy magazines on a weekly basis and get attracted by the colours red and black whereas other colours such as pink, blue, orange or yellow do not catch their eyes as much. Finding this out, I knew that I should base my magazine on the colours red and black to attract as many audience as possible however I will be using the colour grey for the background because I personally think it match’s great with those colours
I am going to price my magazine at £2.45 and the reason being for that is because when asking around, I realised that most people spend around £1-£2 on their magazine. I also think that £2.45 is a reasonable price for a music magazine which has many interviews, posters and articles issued. The magazines XXL and Word Up that I chose to analyze have buttons on its front cover, however I think my magazine will look good and also not as plain so therefore I will have a button on the top below the title. I also have a selling line at the bottom which says 'CONTEST: Win Mc Naz CD's and T-shirts!' Word Up magazine has selling lines and that is where I got the idea from to add a selling line to my front cover. 
I will have a medium shot of Nazir Shah as on my front cover under the title so that both the title and the image stand out. I have writing around the image so that it does not cover the photo. 
On my contents and double page spread, the title will be the same font as my front cover so that you can see the link. I will again have a big and bold title. The writing on my contents will be on the left hand side of the page rather than randomly place because I think it looks more professional this way and also it will be easier for other to read. On the right hand side I will have a long shot photo, and underneath that a smaller, medium-shot photo. 
The image on my double page spread is again of Nazir Shah in a medium long shot. This photo will be on the right hand side, this is because both of the double page spreads that I analyzed previously had images on the right writing on the left. I think this is a good idea because it makes both the writing and photo stand out clear and noticeable. 
The title on my double page spread starts on the top left page with a little bit of it leading on to the right hand side of the page. The stand first and quote is right below that so that the reader reads it before the article. It will also be writing in bigger fonts than the article. Below that there is plenty of space for my to write my article. 







No comments:

Post a Comment